qualcast Suffolk punch 30’s

• 5 Replies

adal

• Man Of the World
qualcast Suffolk punch 30’s
« on: June 09, 2010, 10:11 »
Last week my mate give me a qualcast Suffolk punch 30’s.  it will start if the  lever is on the yellow dot (photo) with a few rev’s on but if you move it over to the blue dot  (middle) it cut’s out I have had the plug out put new petrol in.  but running it on the first mark yellow as this has a © on it this will be the choke as i know  it will not do the mower any good.  can anyone tell me please how can i get it running.
P1010023 (640 x 480).jpg
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 12:49 by adal »

R Tallentire

• Experienced Member
Re: qualcast Suffolk punch 30’s
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 19:45 »
I have a Qualcast B66 rotavator which uses a similar engine and it is exactly the same. At first I assumed that the engine must be running weak but after taking the carb to pieces and not finding any problems I tried running it on choke and after three or four minutes I found that I could move the carb onto half choke. After a few more minutes the lever could be moved over to the running position. All I can assume is that the Qualcast A114 engine is a particularly cold runner and needs choke longer than most engines.
Regards, Richard
R Tallentire

adal

• Man Of the World
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 20:22 »
thank you  Richard for you'r help i will give it a go  tommrow i had a Qualcast B66 rotavator a few year's ago a nice little job.

Gwiz

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 05:46 »
This was a quite common problem on this this engine/carb coupling. It was so common that there was a "kit" made by another company that could be fitted to the carb to cure it.
Unfortunately, I haven't seen one of these kits for sometime now, and the one that was in my tool box has disappeared over time.
The Kit replaced the brass nut and the jetting tube from the carb, and replaced it with an adjustable jet, I think the cost was about £12.
Good grief, I've just had the awful thought that it must be over 25 years since I last fitted one!
As mr Tallentire says, the only other solution is to get the engine very warm before turning the choke off.

Niv

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 21:14 »
Had the same problem. this was caused when i sharpened the mower and inadvertently angled the mower from its normal position. The bottom of the fuel float chamber/ carb collects debris which any fuel filters miss. Cleaning the carb will have your mower running normal. Remove the nut at bottom of float chamber. Looking up into the carb there is a brass nut you have to remove and clean out inside. Rolled up kitchen roll and a good blow/compress air, will solve the problem.

Flatcat

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 21:38 »
Same problem on my Suffolk punch.

I seem to remember it gave up completely after a while, and it went to the back of the shed!

Damon

xx
Qualcast Suffolk punch 30 s running problem

Started by toastedcrumpet on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post June 03, 2013, 05:32
by Gwiz
xx
Qualcast Punch LRP

Started by superluke2 on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post November 03, 2009, 05:32
by Gwiz
xx
Suffolk Punch 14SK LawnMower MANUAL

Started by pompeyboy61 on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post February 28, 2013, 17:34
by Gwiz
xx
Suffolk mower.

Started by Motivator on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post January 23, 2015, 14:53
by Motivator

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 38 queries.